I have a confession. No matter what I cannot make hard boiled eggs the conventional way. The eggs’ yolks don’t fully cook.
I have an egg cooker that I use at times. However, I didn’t want to use the egg cooker when I was cooking up the eggs my sons’ were going to dye using Kool-Aid.
I looked up hard boiled eggs and found a way to hard boil eggs in the oven. Some people may say it is easier to make boiled eggs the conventional way. But for me who are hard boiled egg challenged, this is a great option.
I would start with a couple eggs to find out what is the best amount of time to cook the eggs.
Hard Boiled Eggs in the Oven
Stars of the recipe:
- large eggs (preferably a week old – This will work better if the eggs are slightly older.)
- mini muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 325 to 350 degrees depending on whether your oven runs hotter or cooler.
- Place the eggs in a mini muffin tin (larger side in the tin).
- Bake for at least 30 minutes. (I would check one egg and add time in 5 minute increments until the eggs are done.) My eggs took about 37 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Remove from the oven. If there are brown spots on the eggs, don’t worry.
- Place in ice water or a strainer. If using a strainer run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking process. The brown spots should rinse off.
- Store in the fridge.
- Enjoy alone or in your favorite recipe!