I have a confession. No matter what, I cannot make hard boiled eggs the conventional way. The eggs’ yolks don’t fully cook.
I have an egg cooker that I use at times. However, I didn’t want to use the egg cooker when I was cooking up the eggs my sons were going to dye using Kool Aid.
I looked up hard boiled eggs and found a way to hard boil eggs in the oven. Some people may say it is easier to make boiled eggs the conventional way. But for me, this is a great option.
I would start with a couple of eggs to find out what is the best amount of time to cook the eggs.
Hard Boiled Eggs in the Oven
Stars of the recipe:
- large eggs (preferably a week old – This will work better if the eggs are slightly older.)
- mini muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 325 to 350 degrees depending on whether your oven runs hotter or cooler.
- Place the eggs in a mini muffin tin (larger side in the tin).
- Bake for at least 30 minutes. (I would check one egg and add time in 5 minute increments until the eggs are done.) My eggs took about 37 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Remove from the oven. If there are brown spots on the eggs, don’t worry.
- Place in ice water or a strainer. If using a strainer run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking process. The brown spots should rinse off.
- Store in the fridge.
- Enjoy alone or in your favorite recipe!