When I was 20 years old, I participated in the Walt Disney World College Program. I was a quick service hostess at the Disney-MGM Studios’ Sunset Ranch Market. While I was there I met a lot of people. Molly and I were co-workers who spent a lot of time together during the four months we were down there.
We lost contact after the program. No social media in the 1990’s and college got in the way. Anyway in 2014, we reconnected and have visited with each other 4 times in the last two years.
Last week, she came to visit with me. I took her to a lot of local places during the four days she was with me. Lots of memories were made during those four days.
This picture was taken at the Columbus Zoo. We visited the zoo on the day she flew out of town. We had a lot of fun until there was a random rain storm. Then we were drenched. Just another story for us to tell.
Back in June, I bought peaches from the Peach Truck. I kept trying to find recipes to use up the peaches. One of the recipes, I made was a simple syrup using the peaches. Once I made the peach simple syrup, I used it to make peach iced tea. The peach iced tea had a subtle peach flavor. If you want a more pronounced flavor, you can certainly add more peach simple syrup.
I served it to my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law when they came over for dinner in late June. Both of them enjoyed the tea.
I also enjoy flavored iced teas when I go out to dinner. I now can make raspberry iced tea and peach iced tea at home rather than in a restaurant. Yay!
Stars of the recipe:
- 4 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- ¼ c. lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 3 c. sugar
- 1 c. boiling water
- Place the peach slices in a large microwavable bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice and sugar over the peaches. DO NOT stir.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the plastic wrap because you don’t want to get hit with steam.
- Stir. Continue microwaving for 1 minute at a time and then stirring until all sugar is dissolved.
- Strain the peaches.
- Add the boiling water to the peach sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Transfer to a jar.
- Keep in the fridge for about a week.
Adapted from the Peach Truck
Peach Iced Tea
Stars of the recipe:
- 8 c. hot water
- 6 tea bags
- ¼ to ½ c. peach syrup
- Extra peach slices
- Add the tea bags to the hot water.
- Allow to brew for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags.
- Add the peach syrup, ice, and peach slices.
Let’s connect on social media:
Instagram – @Believeinthemagictraci
Facebook – @imhungry15
Pinterest – @imhungry75
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.
One thought on “Peach Simple Syrup and Peach Iced Tea”