Hubby and I love the baked apples at Frisch’s Big Boy. When we go to eat there, we usually will order the apples as one of our side dishes.
I also like fried apples. However I don’t usually have fried apples properly so this is an easy alternative.
You need to use a good cooking apple when making the “baked” apple. When I made it, I used jonagold apples which was a good apple to use for this recipe.
When I made these apples, I first cored the apples and then peeled the apple. (It really doesn’t matter which order you do it in.) Then I cut the apple in half and then each half into fourths. So I ended up with 8 slices per apple.
adapted from Simply Recipes
Stars of the recipe:
- 3 to 4 baking apples, peeled and cored
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. of granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Slice the apples into 6 to 8 slices each. (Depending on the size of the apple.)
- Place the apple slices in a microwavable bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the apples.
- Microwave for 5 minutes. (Add more time if the apples are not tender.)
- Drizzle maple syrup over the cooked apples.
I ended up adding more cinnamon to my apples. I love lots of cinnamon.
One thought on ““Baked” Apples”