This sheet pan was so yummy! The leftovers were even better the next day.
These past few weeks have been off and on with great meals. I’ve been so busy writing Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs), teaching, and being sick that I’ve cooked meals that haven’t been stellar.
Last Wednesday, I left work on time and got home in time to make a more involved meal. Actually, this was very involved. The rolls I made were more involved than this dish.
This meal is easy to put together. It took me 10 minutes to get it into the oven once I got home. It takes 30 – 40 minutes to bake.
Balsamic Chicken and Potatoes (Sheet Pan Meal)
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 pound of chicken breasts or tenders (I used a huge breast; I cut it into smaller pieces.)
- 1 pound of potatoes, cubed (I peeled mine)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning (Add if desired.)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, place the cubed potatoes. Pour EVOO over the potatoes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Mix until all the potatoes are coated. Place the potatoes on half of the cookie sheet.
- On the other half of the cookie sheet, place the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the balsamic vinegar over the chicken. Turn to coat both sides of the chicken.
- Cook at 425 for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken and potatoes.
- Cook for an additional 15 to 25 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
One thought on “Balsamic Chicken and Potatoes (Sheet Pan Meal)”