We love chocolate chip cookies around here. However, I’m not always in the mood to mix up a full batch of cookies. Make ahead chocolate chip cookie mix to the rescue. The dry ingredients are already mixed up so all you need to do is add the wet ingredients and mix.
These can be stored for 3 months in an airtight container. I used zippered storage bags.
Make Ahead Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Adapted from Lauren’s Latest
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Mix all of the ingredients together in an airtight container.
- Store for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Chip Cookies using the Make Ahead Mix
Stars of the recipe:
- Make Ahead Mix
- 1 stick softened butter (1/2 c.)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together until well incorporated.
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 2 minutes before removing it from the tray.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk, cup of tea, or a cup of coffee.
I got at least 36 out of my dough but the original recipe got 18 out of her mix.