My two love French toast cooked by Moi instead of from the freezer section. The Imaginative One gets a headache with store bought French toast/sticks.
French toast is simple to make and you can try a variety of different breads. I usually use sandwich bread or if I want to make sticks I’ll use Texas toast bread because it’s thicker. When I made it on Saturday, I used ciabatta bread for Hubby, Imaginative One, and myself. I used sandwich bread for the Wee One because he likes me to cut them into strips.
BTW: Did you know ciabatta is Italian for slipper?
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 large egg for every 2 pieces of French toast
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. milk for every 2 pieces of French toast
- 1 tsp cinnamon for every two pieces of French toast
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract for every two pieces of French toast
- toppings: maple syrup, butter, fruit, powder sugar
- Warm up a flat griddle pan (my favorite) or skillet over med. heat.
- In a flat wide pan, whisk together egg, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Using a fork or tongs, dip your bread into the egg mixture making sure to cover both sides. (You may need to let it drip a little bit to get rid of excess egg before transferring it to your pan.)
- spray your griddle pan or skillet with cooking spray.
- Transfer it to skillet or griddle pan.
- Allow it to cook until golden brown on both sides (3 to 4 minutes on the first side and 1 to 2 minutes on the second side.)
- Transfer to a plate.
- Enjoy with whatever toppings you like!