I knew we were going to have pork chops for dinner but I did not know how I was going to fix them. As I was driving home that night, a light bulb went off in my head. “Why don’t I make them like the baked chicken nuggets we had a few weeks prior?”
I like the simplicity of the recipe and how it is healthy for you. My husband raved about it so I’ll say it was a success!!!
Stars of the recipe:
- 4 boneless pork chops, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp. whole wheat bread crumbs (I got mine at Whole Foods. Use regular if you can’t find the whole wheat or make your own.)
- 2 Tbsp. panko
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray. (9 by 13 rectangular)
- Put Extra Virgin Olive Oil in one bowl and breadcrumbs, panko, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in another bowl.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil making sure to get all sides evenly coated.
- Dip in the breadcrumb mixture until it’s coated. Place in the baking dish.
- Repeat with the other pieces of pork chops.
- Spray the top with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. (Turn once while baking)
- Enjoy! (We had ours with baked sweet potato and steamed broccoli.)