For Christmas Eve, I made potato vegetable soup for dinner. It was so delicious and I liked it had some healthy veggies in it also.
Veggie Potato Soup
Stars of the Recipe:
- 4 potatoes, cut into small pieces (I left peels on. You can take the peels off.)
- 1 sm. onion diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 small carrots or 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 c. spinach cut into smallish pieces
- 1 chicken bullion
- 1 1/2 to 2 c. milk
- 2 heaping teaspoons of Greek yogurt
- Place potatoes, onion, celery, and carrots into a stock pot.
- Place water in the stock pot until it’s about an inch to 2 inches above the veggies.
- Place bouillon cube on top of the veggies.
- Heat to boiling and then turn down to medium heat.
- Let simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are done cooking.
- Add milk and spinach to the broth. Let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Mash up some of the potatoes using a masher or remove about 1 c. of the broth and potatoes and blend it. (If you have an immersion blender, you can certainly use that.)
- Add the Greek yogurt. Stir until it’s incorporated.
- Serve with shredded cheese and bacon.
This post has been linked to Finding Joy in My Kitchen’s countdown to 2013 – Best bread and soup of 2012.