Yum! This soup is so good. Last weekend I was checking out meals matter. I hadn’t been on that site in forever. Anyway, I found this recipe in my personal cookbook on that site. I decided it would be a good dinner. So I put it on our meal plan.
Both the Imaginative One and hubby loved it! It was also easy to make, especially if you have already browned hamburger in the freezer.
The flavors will remind you of a cheeseburger with ketchup, mustard, and pickle.
Bacon cheeseburger soup
Cooking During Stolen Moments
Stars of the recipe:
- 5 potatoes, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- one small onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 slice of bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1-2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp. pickle relish
- Brown ground beef and then drain. (Or use frozen browned ground beef from the freezer).
- Add veggies and ground beef into the big stockpot. Pour chicken stock over veggies and ground beef.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until carrots and potatoes are cooked and soft. About 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat. Add milk and cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add mustard, relish, ketchup, and bacon. Stir.
4 thoughts on “Bacon cheeseburger soup”
Thats a new one for me – Might give it a go thanks!