Last winter, I found this recipe and cooked it several times. The last time I made it, both boys gave it a thumbs up. I enjoy this recipe because it makes a lot, stretches a buck, and is made in the crockpot.
Pinto Beans and Ham
Stars of the recipe:
- bag of dried pinto beans
- 1/2 lb. of ham chopped
- small onion chopped
- Soak the pinto beans overnight. Make sure you put them in a big bowl and cover them with water.
- In the morning, drain the beans. Get rid of any debris which could have gotten in the bag.
- Place the beans, ham, and onion in the crockpot.
- Put water in the crockpot over the beans, ham, and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve over rice or with cornbread.
I serve mine with Northern cornbread.
7 thoughts on “Pinto Beans and Ham”