Note: You need an Electric Pressure Cooker to make this recipe.
Monterrey Chicken Foil Packets
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. bacon bits or 2 or 3 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- Cut the foil into 12-inch by 12-inch squares. You’ll need 4 squares.
- Lay a piece of chicken in the middle of the foil.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the chicken, cheese, and bacon.
- Wrap the foil around the chicken so that it is sealed.
- Pour a cup of water into the electric pressure cooker. Carefully place the trivet on top of the water. Gingerly add the foil packets.
- Manually set the electric pressure to 35 minutes on high. Place the lid on it making sure the vent is set to seal.
- Once cooked, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes and then open the seal so that it can finish releasing the pressure.
- Remove the lid and take the packets out of the pressure cooker carefully.
- Enjoy with extra cheese on the chicken.