Every month, I’m assigned another blog to check out. After checking out their blog, I’m to find a recipe to make, photograph, and then post. This month there are five Mondays. On the fifth Monday, we have a special themed Secret Recipe Club. This month’s theme is fall or even Thanksgiving dinner recipes.
This month I’ve been assigned to Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking. After exploring her blog, I decided on the Three Bean Salad.
As a child, I remember having three bean salad for different potlucks or holiday meals. So I thought this would be a good salad for the Thanksgiving table.
It’s a frugal side dish because I found the cans of kidney beans and green beans at Aldi’s and the wax beans at Meijers. Funny story when I was in Meijers, a college student stopped me so she could ask me what ingredients were needed for green bean casserole.
You could switch up the beans to your liking. This recipe is a very forgiving recipe.
This is also great for Thanksgiving because you can make it the day before so one less thing to get done on Thanksgiving Day.
Sid’s recipe was originally made for 80 people so I adapted the amount of the dressing for a smaller amount.
Three Bean Salad
Stars of the Recipe:
- 1 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. celery seed
- 1 Tbsp. ground mustard
- 1 (15 oz) can of wax beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can of green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, diced (optional)
- Combine the salad ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Microwave the dressing ingredients in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the microwave.
- Stir the dressing.
- Pour over the salad ingredients.
- Stir until combined.
- Allow to marinade for 2 hours to overnight.
Other Recipes from Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking that interested me:
For other recipes, please click on the blue frog.