Mmm! Comfort food makes you feel good inside. Pot roast is one of those foods. As I was coming up with this week’s menu, I decided pot roast should be one of our dinners. The interesting thing was we had pot roast for our dinner at my in-laws last night. The difference was how we prepared the roast. The side dishes were different also.
I’ve made this recipe for over 10 years. It is super easy and delicious. After we have roast for dinner, another night during the week I make a hash (minus eggs) with the left over roast. Yum!
Even though I like making baked potatoes cooked in the slow cooker, I’m not a fan of potatoes cooked with the roast. We had buttered noodles with our roast.
Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Stars of the recipe:
- roast (size depends on the needs of your family)
- 30 oz. can of tomato sauce
- optional: russet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks, onions cut into chunks, carrots peeled and cut into strips
- Place roast into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- If placing vegetables, place them on top of the roast.
- Pour tomato sauce over the roast.
- Cook for 3 to 5 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.