I love chocolate chip cookies. Actually, I like most cookies. You might say cookies are my weakness! I mean dessert weakness. This dip reminds me of a chocolate chip cookie. Best of all, you don’t have to bake cookies to get deliciousness. 🙂
Now the question is, what should I dip into this yumminess! I’ve been dipping chocolate cat cookies from Trader Joe’s. Tomorrow I’m going to try dipping my sliced apples in the dip. That sounds absolutely divine.
Side note: Have you ever had someone obsessed with your food choices. I eat in my classroom and have limited time to eat. Today I was running late getting to eat because I had to print some papers and then talk to two other teachers. I was finishing my lunch when my four students came for social studies. They were intrigued by what I was eating. They would have been shocked to find out what was in the dip. (My students have seen my lunches many times. Fortunately, most of the time, it’s something fairly healthy. This way, I can be a good role model for them. One is concerned that I don’t eat a lot of meat. I eat meat, but it depends on my mood whether I eat a lot of meat or not.)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
Stars of the recipe:
- 1-1/2 c. chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. nut butter of choice – I used almond butter.
- up to 1/4 c. of milk
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 tsp. oats
- Add the ingredients except for chocolate chips and milk to a good food processor.
- Blend the ingredients – streaming into milk until desired considency.
- Remove from food processor cup. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Put in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy with apples, graham crackers, or just eat by the spoonful!
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip”