I found this recipe right after my hubby, and I got married. It was in our regular main dish rotation for a few years. The ranch chicken legs were also a go-to recipe for when I entertained family members. During the past few years, I have made it infrequently. So when I found chicken legs on sale, I decided to put them on our menu.
I love how simple this recipe is and how tasty the chicken is.
Ranch Chicken Legs
Stars of the recipe:
- chicken legs (I would try to have 2 legs per person)
- 1/2 cup of Bisquick (More if needed ~ really depends on the number of chicken legs.)
- 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a ziplock bag, place Bisquick and ranch dressing. Mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9 by 13 baking dish. After the oven is done preheating, place the pan in the oven until the butter is melted.
- Once the butter is melted, pull the baking dish out of the oven.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the Bisquick-ranch mixture. Make sure each piece is coated. Place each chicken leg in the baking dish, skin side down.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Pull the baking dish out of the oven.
- Flip the chicken and then bake for an additional 15 minutes.