Thursday was the Chinese New Year. We are currently in the year of the rabbit. Anyway, I decided it would be appropriate to have Chinese type meal for supper to “celebrate” the new year. Since it had been on the menu for the previous week but had not been made, I decided to make it. It is what Rachael Ray describes as being a “fake out” meal and also a “make your own take out.” The end result looks fancy but it really is simple to make. Also since it’s a “make your own take out meal,” you can control what’s in it.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 bag of popcorn chicken, baked according to package directions
- 1 TBSP. of vegetable oil
- 1/2 bag of frozen onion-pepper mix
- 1 bottle of orange ginger marinade (Found in ethnic food aisle. I used LaChoy’s brand.)
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- Cook the chicken according to package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet. Add the onion-pepper mixture. Cook until tender crisp.
- Pour 1 to 1/2 cups of the marinade in the skillet (I used the whole bottle.)
- Add the chicken and stir until combined.
- Serve over cooked rice.