These are so addictive!
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 sleeve about 37 Saltines
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter
- 12 oz. (2 c.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Line a 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet with foil; spray very lightly with cooking spray.
- Cover cookie sheet with saltines.
- Boil sugar and butter for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture over saltines and spread evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let set 1 minute, then spread melted chips with spatula.
- Sprinkle 3/4 chopped nuts over this and press down lightly.
- Cut on diagonal immediately or cool until firm, then break up; pieces can be frozen. Yield: 30 pieces.