Last week, my friend Molly came to visit me. Instead of eating out all the time, we ate salads for 3 of our lunches.
I came up with this salad. Molly could not stop raving about this salad, so I put it on my blog.
I had bought meal prep bowls. I put some of the lettuce, black beans, and corn in each bowl. I used small containers for the dressing and cheese. We assembled the salads when it was time to eat. We topped the salads with tortilla strips.
What is needed for this salad:
- Lettuce – I used Aldi’s artisan lettuce and mixed green mix for the salads.
- Black Beans – drained and rinsed
- Corn – I used roasted frozen corn from Trader Joe’s.
- Queso Fresco Cheese, crumbled, or Cotija Cheese.
- Ranch or Avocado Cilantro Greek Yogurt Dressing (from Lifehouse)
- Pico de Gallo or Salsa
- Tortilla Strips – I got mine at Aldi’s.
- Optional: Avocado Slices
- Optional: Sour Cream
Black Bean and Corn Mexican Lettuce Salad
We ate these salads overlooking a river, in the car during a thunderstorm, and in the picnic area of the Ohio Caverns.