Welcome to Day 15 of 31 Days of Slow Cooking. We are at the halfway point of the 31 days of slow cooking.
The Imaginative One is working towards his cooking merit badge. He’s done the camping portion of the merit badge. Now it’s time for him to create a menu and then cook it for us. We are having baked pancakes made with pancake mix rather than from scratch. He’s putting together sandwiches for our lunch. For supper, we are having chicken nuggets and French fries. They didn’t say it had to be healthy.
I’m still helping him with the cooking because there are some basics he doesn’t know.
It’s interesting having him cook in the kitchen.
This is a great fall dish. It’s easy to put together with great flavor.
Honey and Apple Pork Roast
Stars of the Recipe:
- 3 lb. pork roast or pork tenderloin
- 2 Granny smith apples, peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon or pumpkin spice blend
- Place apples in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Make slits in the pork roast. Insert 2 thin slices of apple in those slits.
- Place the pork roast in the slow cooker over the apples.
- Pour honey over the pork roast.
- Sprinkle cinnamon or pumpkin spice blend over the pork roast.
- Cook on low 8 hours.