A year ago, I made the decision to restart using my blog. It’s been a roller coaster year but I am glad I made that decision.
Every month, I’m assigned another blog to check out. After checking out their blog, I’m to find a recipe to make, photograph, and then post. Since I’m in group B of the secret recipe club, I post my Secret Recipe Club on the second Monday of each month.
This month I’ve been assigned to Lemon and Cheese. Nicola is a librarian in London. She enjoys lemon and cheese hence the name of her blog.
Nicola has a list of books that are related to cooking. The list contains both fiction and nonfiction books. So if you want to read a book related to food or cooking, check out her list.
The Recipe that I Choose
I enjoyed looking through Nicola’s blog. I finally decided on a Cajun chicken pasta dish. My mom is currently staying with me so I’m trying to find dinners that everyone will enjoy. While I was cooking up the chicken, she was cutting up the bell peppers and onions.for me. The Imaginative One only wanted to eat the plain pasta and the Wee One wanted to eat only the chicken. The three adults in my family ate and loved the dish.
I made a few small adaptations from the recipes. I added some cheddar cheese to the dish before serving it. Since my mom was helping with cutting the veggies, I had her dice the onions and peppers instead of cutting them into slices. I also left the second pepper out because Hubby is not a big bell pepper fan.
Thank you Nicola for a great recipe!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 box small pasta
- 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the chicken in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of the Cajun seasoning. Toss the chicken to coat.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta as directed on the box.
- Meanwhile, heat the pan over medium heat. Add the oil.
- Saute’ the chicken until lightly browned and cooked through. Set the chicken asie.
- Add the onions and peppers to the the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Set the onions and peppers aside.
- Turn down the heat to medium low. Add the tomatoes, 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning, and the cream cheese cut into smaller pieces.
- Stir the sauce until the cream cheese has melted into the tomatoes and had created a creamy sauce.
- Add the chicken and veggies back into the pan. Stir until combined.
- Add the pasta into the sauce. Stir until combined. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Other recipes that I found interesting on Nicola’s blog.
For more Secret Recipe Club recipes, click on the blue frog.
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.
This post has also been linked up to Miz Helen’s Full Plate Thursday.