I made some cranberry relish for Thanksgiving. Yum!! Since my mom and I were the only 2 to eat some, I had plenty leftover to enjoy. I decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich with the cranberry relish in the middle. It was delicious.
Cranberry Relish Grilled Cheese
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 slices of a sturdy bread (I used rye bread.)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp. cranberry relish
- griddle and cooking spray
- Heat the griddle pan to medium heat. Spray the griddle pan with cooking spray.
- Place the first slice of bread on the griddle. Lay the first slice of cheese on the bread. Then the cranberry sauce.
- On top of the cranberry sauce, place the other slice of cheese. Finally top with the other slice of bread.
- Cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes or until the bread is browned.
- Flip over the sandwich over and cook until the other side is browned (2 to 3 minutes).