I’ve been sick most of this Christmas season so I have not made ANY Christmas cookies. Okay, I’ll take it back. We made peanut butter blossoms and then we ate them.
I decided to update my peanut butter blossom recipes using gluten free flour.
I noticed that the dough does not stand up as well as the gluten dough so you will need to place it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before forming it into balls.
Even with that little inconvenience, the cookies are absolutely delicious.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Place the dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Join me on Sundays for a list of gluten free recipes or recipes that can adapted to be gluten free on my blog.
When I went through my recipes, most of my holiday recipes are NOT gluten free. These are the only holiday recipes that are gluten free.
I might need to remedy that issue. I already have a peanut butter blossom recipe that I adapted to be gluten free. Continue reading “December 3, 2017 – Holiday Version”
Here is today’s 10 recipes on my blog that are gluten free.
Continue reading “November 12, 2017”