This is an easy alternative to traditional puppy chow. It calls for Biscoff which is the same as Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter. Biscoff and Cookie Butter tastes like cinnamon graham crackers. And is delicious with honey wheat pretzel sticks.
So this snack mix tastes sort of like S’Mores especially if you add in marshmallows. Yum!
(I can buy Biscoff at my local Meijers.)
Brownie Biscoff Puppy Chow
Stars of the recipe:
- 4 1/2 c. Chex (or store brand) cereal
- 1/4 c. Biscoff or Cookie Butter
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. Brownie mix
- Add ins: – I used mini marshmallows and mini M&M’s. You can use whatever you want!
- Put cereal in a large bowl and put to the side.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and Biscoff. Start with 30 seconds, stir, then heat in 15 second increments until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over the cereal. Stir gently to coat all the pieces of cereal.
- Add 3/4 c. brownie mix to a large ziploc bag, dump the chocolate covered cereal into the bag, and shake to coat all the pieces of cereal.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet until dry.
- Once it is dry, add in the mix-ins.
- Put in a container to store.