The Imaginative One is very laid back. Hakuna Matata could almost be his theme song. He’s been like that since he was in utero. The boys are allowed to pick what they want to do for their birthday. The Wee One had a list of things he wanted to do for his birthday. He also had a list of what he wanted for presents a mile long. Okay, maybe not that long, but he knew what he wanted. The Imaginative One is the exact opposite. He doesn’t know what he wants to do for his birthday, and people are having difficulty figuring out what to get him for his birthday.
Last month, I found a recipe for these S’Mores Bar and tried them out. The Imaginative One loved them so much that he wanted them instead of a cake or cupcake for his birthday. Yeah! He made a decision.
Since my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew were in town, we decided to celebrate his birthday four days early. We ate a delicious brunch and then sang to him. Everyone enjoyed these bars.
via Recipe Shoebox
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 c. of butter, softened (1 stick of butter)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 & 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. ground up graham crackers (I use honey graham crackers. Use a food processor to ground them up.)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. container of marshmallow fluff
- 12 graham crackers broken up into pieces, do not ground them up
- 6 Hershey bars broken up into pieces or 1 c. milk chocolate chips.
- 2 – 3 c. mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until well mixed and yellow.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and ground-up graham crackers. Mix until incorporated.
- Grease a 9 by 13 baking pan. Press the dough into the pan evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, get the topping ingredients ready.
- When you take the crust out of the oven, turn the oven up to 450 degrees.
- After the crust is finished baking, spread the marshmallow fluff over the warm crust using a greased spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle the top with first the chocolate, then the graham crack pieces, and then the marshmallows.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until the marshmallows are melted and toasted. DO NOT walk away from the oven. (Mine took only 5 minutes.)
- While it’s still warm, cut it into pieces.
One thought on “S’Mores Bars”