I forgot that I had signed up to bring snacks to church today. Lucky for me, my mother-in-law reminded me. I quickly whipped up some of the Halloween sweet and salty treats – even though it was not Halloween. The last time I brought them to church, people loved them. I also made some pumpkin chocolate chip granola bar bites. Then I was at a standstill about what else I could make. I decided to use my all-star muffin mix to make some pumpkin spice muffins. I had some pumpkin puree left over from the granola bar bites, so it was perfect.
- 2 & 3/4 c. All-Star Muffin Mix
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. of melted butter (1 stick) – When I did this, I melted it in the microwave for one minute.
- 3 Tbsp. of pumpkin puree – When I made these, I didn’t know how the recipe would work when you added the pumpkin puree. You might want to add more.
- 2 Tbsp. of pumpkin spice
- Place 2-3/4 cups of muffin mix in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin puree, and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
I made mini muffins this time. I ended up having 45 mini muffins. Instead of baking them for 18 to 21 minutes, I baked them for 12 minutes. I also added chocolate chips to half of the batter. Those turned out really delicious.