Welcome to my kitchen.
On Thursday of last week, the Imaginative One and I ventured to a local fruit/vegetable stand for their delicious corn on the cob. While there, I got some fresh green beans, so I changed my menu for the next day. Instead of making the quick pork lo mein, I made green beans, potatoes, and ham, which my grandma often made. It’s budget-friendly and easy, which are two positives. I’m moving the quick pork lo mein to this week’s menu.
Later in the week, my hubby and I are going on a long-awaited trip to St. Louis. We haven’t gone on a vacation by ourselves for nine years. So I don’t need to plan for much this week.
Green beans, potatoes, and ham
Stars of the recipe:
- Green beans – two pounds of fresh greens or two to three cans of green beans, drained
- peeled and diced potatoes – I used four potatoes when I made mine. You can use more or less.
- 2 c. diced ham
- salt to taste
- Put the potatoes, green beans, and ham in the crockpot.
- Fill the crockpot with water to cover the potatoes, green beans, and ham. Add salt
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Enjoy!
Menu for this week:
Cereal, mini pancakes, mini bagels
- mini hamburger sliders on homemade hamburger buns, oven fries, fresh veggies
- quick lo mein, egg drop soup, egg rolls
- almost famous chicken sandwiches on homemade hamburger buns, oven fries or waffle fries, fresh veggies
What is on your menu for the upcoming week?
For more great menu plans, please visit I’m an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday! Have a great week.