I love chopped up kale. Aldi carries an already chopped up bag of kale for $3 or so which makes eating this powerhouse veggie so much easier.
So what is kale? Kale is part of the cabbage family.
It has a lot of nutritional benefits. Here are some of the vitamins and minerals that kale contains.
- vitamin K
- vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
Kale is also anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, improves eye health, detoxifies your body, improves heart health, fortifies your bones, and lowers cancer risk.
Sauteed Mexican Spiced Kale
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 to 1 c. chopped kale
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast, optional
- Heat a skillet with oil over medium heat.
- Add the kale. Sprinkle the kale with spices and nutritional yeast.
- Allow to cook for about 8 minutes.
- Enjoy as a side dish!