The Fourth of July was a bust at our house. On the third, I went to our town’s annual block party. It was rainy and chilly during the block party. Even though I wore jeans and a pullover, I ended up with a fever, cough, and a headache. I was suppose to be in our Fourth of July parade but opted not to go. The Wee One decided he didn’t want to walk in the parade if I wasn’t there. The Imaginative One did walk in the parade because one of his friends came and got him.
Luckily I had planned out the Fourth of July dinner. I had made sloppy Joes a few weeks prior and then froze family sized portions of the sloppy Joes. I was able to pull out one of the bags of the sloppy Joes so that my mother-in-law was able to warm up the dish. We had also got corn on the cob. The boys shucked the corn. My mother-in-law cooked up the corn. Hubby, the Wee One, and the Imaginative One ate over at her house. I ate my dinner at home.
Since I was sick, we ended up watching a livestream of the fireworks from Walt Disney World. Such a great show.
This sandwich on the other hand is not a bust. It’s delicious. Pure comfort food. When the yolk breaks over the cheese, ham, and bread, it’s food heaven. Yum!
This sandwich would be great for either a weekend brunch or for breakfast for dinner.
Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Stars of the ingredient (Per sandwich):
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 slices of cheese (I used Munster cheese.)
- 2 slice deli sliced ham (thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Place a slice of cheese and then ham on each slice of bread. Set aside.
- Cook an egg over easy.
- Remove from the pan and place on one the slices of bread, cheese, and ham.
- Carefully place the other half of the sandwich on the egg side. (Do not press down or you’ll break the yolk.
- Heat skillet over medium low heat.
- Add1 Tbsp. butter to the skillet and allow to melt.
- Add the sandwich.
- Cook until the sandwich is browned.
- Add another 1 Tbsp. butter to the skillet. Flip.
- Cook until the sandwich is browned and the cheese melted.
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.
Adapted from Small Town Woman