A few years ago, I got this easy recipe from Menus4Moms. This is a family favorite. I think the Imaginative One loves it because it combines two of his favorite foods – hamburgers and ketchup. The reason I like the recipe is because of its ease. Since I work all day and then come home to cook, I need recipes that come together easily.
Without further ado, the recipe:
- 2 pounds of ground beef – I usually half this recipe and do only one pound of ground beef.
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp prepared yellow mustard – Shh! I usually put more in. I am the only one who likes mustard, so this is our little secret that I put more in there.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. & 2 tsp. of brown sugar – That is 6 tsp. of brown sugar.
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the next 4 ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe is linked up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.