Two days ago, I posted about a recipe for All Star Muffin Mix that I found in Taste of Home’s Simple and Delicious magazine. One of the add ins I used in the muffin mix was dried cranberries and pecan pieces. The orginal recipe called for either fresh or frozen cranberries. Even though I didn’t have either of those in the house, I had Craisins so I used those instead.
After I baked a batch of those, I flash froze them and then put them in freezer bags to be used later. These are great for quick breakfasts which I’m going to need when school starts in a week and a half. I just put one of them in the microwave for a minute on 40% power. They are especially great with a cup of coffee.
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 and 3/4 cups of All Star Muffin Mix
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
I omitted the sugar when I used the Craisins.
- In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, cranberries, pecans and sugar.
- Whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.