Welcome to 31 Days of Slow Cooking
Right now, I’m feeding not only my family but also my mom. Since I get home at 4:30 and dinner needs to be on the table for Hubby between 5 and 5:10, the easiest way to cook dinner is by cooking it in the slow cooker. I know that we are going to have a healthy meal. The majority of the meals if not all of them will not have any cream of whatever soup in them.
Now if I could only get my 13 year old from being so picky about what he eats, the slow cooking process for our dinners would be perfect. However, there are many times he ends up eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead of what we eat. (He has food aversions which can be difficult to work around. When it’s something I know he won’t eat, I’ll tell him to make the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I do have him eat deconstructed meals at time. Or I have him eat what I cooked. It all depends.)
Any who, I’m going to be sharing recipes and tips and tricks for the slow cooker throughout the month of October 2016. This is my second year participating in the Write 31. Last year, I had so much fun with sharing slow cooker recipes so I’m doing it for a second time.
Also during October, I’m going to be preparing the majority of my meals using the slow cooker. I find that October is a busy time for us so it’s a good time to pull out the slow cooker.
Disclaimer: We’ve tested out the recipes prior to the month. So not only am I going to share the recipes, I’ll be sharing throughout October.
Here is a list of the recipes and other blog posts for this month:
(These are subject to change.)
- Introduction to Write 31, 2016, Review of last year’s Write 31
- Equipment that I use at my house
- Slow Cooker Granola (2 separate blog posts)
- Peach BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Coca Cola Ranch Wraps
- Sloppy Joes
- Ranch Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Corn Soup
- Veggie Beef Soup
- Secret Recipe Club (Maybe a Brief Intermission from the Slow Cooking Meals)
- Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- Barbecue Pork Chops
- Crockpot Meatloaf
- Coca Cola Ham
- Honey and Apple Pork Roast
- Cafe’ Rio Chicken
- Beef and Noodles
- Balsamic Pork Roast
- Chinese Pot Roast
- Cranberry Chicken
- Apple Pie Pork Chops
- Cashew Chicken
- Johnny Marzetti (My mom’s favorite childhood meals)
- Lemon Bars
- Peach Cobbler
- Freezer Meals
- Other Crockpot Meals from my blog that can be freezer meals
- Bulk Cooking Hamburger
- Tips and Tricks
- Other Blogs with Crockpot Recipes
- Secret Recipe Club and a Wrap Up of the Month (2 Separate blog posts)
Here is a link to last year’s Write 31.
You can follow me during the #write31 via: