I have been neglecting posting recipes during this difficult time in my life. I’ve been lucky that I made crock pot freezer meals or food left over from our picnic we had last week. So we have not been eating out. I have not had to do any grocery shopping. With an extra person at our house, this is amazing.
This cake was my birthday cake this year. I put the photos and recipe in my Google Drive until I was read to post the recipe.
This is one delicious cake. It was very moist and tasted like Boston Creme Pies. I’ve never actually had a Boston Creme Pie but have had a Boston Creme doughnut at Tim Horton’s. Which by the way is my favorite doughnut there. Just saying. So I’m assuming that this tastes the same.
With a birthday coming up, I am probably going to make this for him. Hubby, cough cough, Hubby. Who by the way is turning 39 for the sixth year coming up.
I hope you make this cake. It is so delicious!
Boston Creme Poke Cake
Stars of the Recipe:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix plus all the ingredients required to make the cake
- 2 small boxes or 1 large box of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 c. of milk
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- Prepare and bake the cake as instructed on the box.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Poke holes evenly using a round spoon handle.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vanilla pudding and milk until blended.
- Pour the pudding over the cake. (Make sure the pudding gets into the holes.)
- Refrigerate until the pudding is set. (About 2 to 3 hours.)
- Once the pudding is set, pull out of the fridge and prepare the frosting.
- Open the frosting and remove the foil seal.
- Microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. Repeat process until the frosting is pourable.
- Pour over the pudding layer.
- Spread with a spatula until the cake is covered.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 more hours.
Store in the fridge.
Adapted from Cincyshopper
Let’s connect on social media:
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for reading my blog post.