This post was originally posted in July 2010. I have been going through my previous posts to see which ones need to have a photograph added or the photograph updated. This post need the picture to be updated. When we had this side dish for dinner last night, I decided to snap a new picture of the dish.
My mom gave us various vegetable seeds last April. My hubby decided to plant some of them. One of the vegetables was carrots. Last night, I harvested some of the carrots. I decided to make brown sugar carrots for dinner.
This recipe is so simple, but the taste is superb.
Brown Sugar Carrots
Stars of the Recipe:
- carrots cut into circles (about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. of butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp. of brown sugar (You can add more if you want it sweeter.)
- 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- Cut up the carrots. Put in a microwaveable bowl.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. You want them tender crisp not mushy.
- After they are finished, take the bowl out of the microwave and then stir the syrup up.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace.