Also known as Rice Krispie’s treats. You can use either Rice Krispie’s or you can you use an off brand crispied rice cereal.
As I said, I want this blog to be a cookbook for the boys when they get older. This is one of the recipes I would like for them to know how to make because it is an easy snack/ dessert.
Crisped Rice Cereal Marshmallow Bars
Stars of the recipe:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 c. mini marshmallows
- 6 c. Rice Krispies or off brand crisped rice cereal
- cooking spray
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows
- Stir until melted. (Hint: Spray cooking spray on the spoon.)
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies or off brand crisped rice cereal.
- Stir until completely covered.
- Press into a 9 by 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into squares.