As I was cooking this chicken, the Wee One walked into the kitchen. He asked me what smelled so good. I showed him the chicken that was already cooked. The Wee One wanted to eat the chicken right then and there.
Once I told him dinner was ready to be eaten, he began to eat one of the pieces of chicken as he was loading up his plate. He ended up eating two pieces of chicken. For him, that is a big deal. He has a small appetite.
The Wee One kept talking about how delicious the chicken tasted. I think that means this marinade is a keeper.
Yummy Chicken Marinade
Stars of the recipe:
- 6 to 8 chicken breasts or chicken tenderloin
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic pepper
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. (Except for the chicken.)
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag. Pour marinade over the chicken.
- Marinade 4 to 24 hours.
- Grill the chicken (5 minutes per side) or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Farenheit.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
This post has been linked to Miz Helen’s Full Plate Thursday.
(Recipe adapted from Mommy’s Time Out.)