One of my challenges for Healthy Self is to make a list of 20 things you are thankful for. It was suppose to be done on Monday. Monday was such a crazy day for me so I didn’t get it done. Yesterday I was just LAZY plus because of the changes in the atmosphere – AKA snow coming in – my head was bothering me.
So today I’m going to make my list:
1. Snow day – I’m suppose to be testing today so this does stress me out some. However I got almost half done on Monday because I knew this was a possibility. Go me because these tests are L-O-N-G and one on one with the student.
2. The Imaginative One – He always gives me a run for my money with his random knowledge. He loves to learn but doesn’t like to test (discussion in car the other day).
3. The Wee One – He had a music program on Monday night. If he had a chance, he could have directed that program. He was on top of the whole production. There is a special needs student who visits his classroom. He is so gentle and caring with the little boy. During the production, he allowed the boy to play with his tie because he knew that the little boy needed that. He also loves to learn.
4. Losing 15.5 pounds in 2 months – On Monday, a retired teacher subbed in my room so I could test. She hadn’t seen me since either September or October. One of the first things out of her mouth was “You lost weight.” Made me feel good that someone noticed my effort. I’m down 2 pants sizes!!!!!
5. Learning to eat new foods – I never in a million years would have thought I would have loved eating shepherd’s pie made with sweet potato/cauliflower mash on the top. I was absolutely delicious! I also never thought I would make double chocolate chip muffins with avocados. Actually I would never have thought I would eat avocados.
6. Cuddles with the dog when he’s not sensitive to weather (shakes and won’t leave me alone)
7. Cuddles with the Wee One
8. The Imaginative One showing affection or appreciation towards me – These moments are fleeting but appreciated.
9. Being able to cook healthy foods for my family – I constantly tell the boys how lucky they are their mom cooks them dinner.
10. Photography – I love looking at nature in a different way when I’m taking photographs. Nature is cool! I also love taking pictures of the boys growing up. I have a few pictures of my childhood. I really wish I had more. My memories are visual in nature and I really wish I had the picture to go with my memories so I could share them with the boys.