A few weeks ago, I had a MOP party that I was going to attend. I knew I needed to bring some party food to share with everyone. At first, I thought about bringing brownies, but when I got home from work that evening, I decided I was not in the mood to bake, so I went onto the Pioneer Woman’s Tasty Kitchen blog and tried to find another recipe. I ended up finding a recipe for cookies and cream cheese balls. It sounded like something different and totally yummy.
Once I tasted it, I knew I had made the right choice because it was delicious (my own made-up word). I had some leftovers, so I took them to work, and one of my co-workers even enjoyed it.
My hubby even enjoyed eating this right out of the fridge with a fork.
Stars of the Recipe:
- 8 ounces, weight Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ cups Butter, Softened
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 cup Oreo Cookies Broken Into Small Chunks
- 1 cup Oreo Cookies Crushed Fine
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add vanilla and sugars and mix well.
- Stir in the Oreo cookie chunks.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Then form a ball, and roll the ball in the Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined plate and drape the ball loosely with plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve on graham cracker stix or mini vanilla wafers. (I used graham crackers because that is what I had in the house.)
For more great recipes, please visit Potluck Sundays, Kitchen recipe swap, Delicious Dishes, and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
8 thoughts on “Cookies and Cream Cheeseball”
I’ve never seen this before… what an AWESOME idea!!!
This looks absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS!
Oh my! What a yummy recipe!
I make this one too except with mini chocolate chips instead of the oreos but now that I’ve seen this I’m definitely going to try oreos since they are my fav cookie! But if you want to try the mini cc, exact same recipe but instead add 3/4 cup mini cc’s but do that before you form it into a ball. Serve with graham crackers too or pretzels!! MMMM
Yum! This would be a huge hit with my family!
Oh, man … this looks sinfully good! What’s not to like, right?
Thanks so much for linking up this week…