A few weeks ago, I had a MOP’s party that I was going to attend. I knew I needed to bring some sort of party food to share with everyone. At first I thought about bringing brownies but when I got home from work that evening I decided I was not in the mood to bake so I went onto the Pioneer Woman’s Tasty Kitchen blog and try to find another recipe. I ended up finding a recipe for cookies and cream cheeseball. It sounded like something different and totally yummy.
Once I tasted it, I knew I had made the right choice because it was deliciouso (my own made up word). I had some left-over so I took it to work and one of my co-workers even enjoyed it.
My hubby even enjoyed eating this right out of the fridge with a fork.
Stars of the Recipe:
- 8 ounces, weight Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ cups Butter, Softened
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 cup Oreo Cookies Broken Into Small Chunks
- 1 cup Oreo Cookies Crushed Fine
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add vanilla, sugars and mix well.
- Stir in the Oreo cookie chunks.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Then form a ball, roll the ball in the Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Place on a waxed paper lined plate and drape the ball loosely with plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve on graham cracker stix or mini vanilla wafers. (I used graham crackers because that is what I had the house.)