A few years ago, my aunt sent me a little stand up photo album with family favorite recipes. When I was menu planning this week, I decided to check out those recipes. I ended up choosing to make her chicken Parmesan. It’s a one skillet recipe and done in less than 30 minutes. Score!
I was so excited about the recipe that I’m already putting it on the blog!
Hubby loved it! In fact, he had seconds.
Aunt Missy’s Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch. cubes
- 1 (14 oz.) can or 1 & 3/4 c. chicken broth
- 1-1/2 c. spaghetti sauce (Hubby suggests a spaghetti sauce that is cheesy flavored.)
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 c. dried small cut pasta such as penne
- 1 c. grated Parmesan (& more for serving)
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat.
- Melt the butter in the skillet.
- Add the chicken.
- Cook until pink.
- Add the chicken broth, spaghetti sauce, basil, and oregano.
- Turn up heat to high. Allow the spaghetti sauce and chicken broth to boil.
- Add the pasta. Stirring until pasta is coated.
- Turn down heat to medium low. Cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle cheese over the pasta.
- Enjoy! Add more cheese to the pasta when serving if desired.
Thank you Aunt Missy for the recipe!
One thought on “Aunt Missy’s Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan”
What a great recipe! Looking forward to seeing you again at Full Plate Thursday tonight!
Hope you are having a great day!