Here’s another easy gift idea. Who doesn’t like a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows? Okay maybe someone who doesn’t like chocolate. Since it’s winter, this is a nice gift to help the recipient of the gift warm up on those cold days.
Hot Chocolate Mix
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 c. dry milk
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. non dairy creamer (I used French vanilla.)
- optional: mini marshmallows, mini candy cane, or chocolate chips
- Combine all the ingredients except for marshmallows, mini candy cane, or chocolate chips.
- When ready to make a cup of hot chocolate, place 2 to 3 heaping Tbsps. of mix in a coffee mug.
- Pour 6 ounces of boiling water over the mix.
- Top with either chocolate chips, marshmallows, or mini candy cane.
If you want to make a Mexican hot chocolate, add 2 tsp. ground cinnamon to the mix.
If you are going to give it as a gift, place 6 Tbsp. of the mix in a bag and the marshmallows or chocolate chips. If you are going to give a candy cane, tape it to the outside of the bag. Place the instructions: combine 2 – 3 Tbsp. mix with 6 ounces of boiling water.