It’s been a while since I’ve posted a meal plan. My children will still ask me what’s for dinner. However now they are teenagers, they have started to cook for themselves. I just provide the ingredients for them. They’ll also eat what I’ve cooked.
Oldest has decided he wants to learn to cook before college which is soon. Mind you his first two years will be done at a local college, so he’ll be still at home. He wants to make sure he knows how to make basic recipes.
I have a running list of favorite breakfasts.
- Granola bar, cheese stick, fruit
- Oatmeal, fruit
- Overnight oatmeal, fruit
- Fruit on the bottom yogurt with granola
- Salsa chicken – In the freezer – Taco (?!?)
- Steak bites with sauteed peppers, onions, and mushrooms over rice
- Side salad for both
- Honey garlic chicken thighs, rice, roasted green beans
- Big Mac skillet, fries, side salad
- Cilantro lime chicken legs, black beans, and Mexican rice
- Brown sugar ham, buttered noodles for the boys, mixed veggies
- Pizza (gluten-free Hawaiian from Dominos)
- Chicken nuggets & fries (for the boys)
- Roast, roasted potatoes and carrots, mashed potatoes OR
- Whole chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies