When you buy Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom, the price ranges from around $0.70 at Aldi’s to almost $2.00.
It’s easy to make your own. Making your own is also economical.
I purchase my frozen fruit and Greek yogurt at Aldi’s for about $5. You can make about 6 to 7 fruit on the bottom yogurt cups.
My favorite is the berry blend. I top my yogurt cups with granola when I’m ready to eat the yogurt.
What you need:
- 16 oz. frozen fruit
- maple syrup
- Greek yogurt, regular yogurt, non dairy yogurt (flavored or unflavored)
- Mason jars or small lidded container
Ingredients-16 oz. bag of frozen fruit, no need to thaw -2 Tbsp. maple syrup -2 Tbsp. water -1 tsp cornstarch
- Place the fruit in the saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Stir.
- Cook on medium high heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt Cups
Ingredients-Fruit Compote -Large container of yogurt -8 oz. Mason jars -honey
- Place 2 to 3 Tbsp. of the fruit compote on the bottom of the Mason jar.
- Top with a fourth to a half cup of Greek yogurt.
- Squeeze about a Tbsp. of honey over the yogurt.
- Place the lid on the yogurt.
Use the yogurt cups within a week. Enjoy with granola.
Happy vegetarian eating,