It’s been about a month since I wrote out my summer bucket list so it’s time to recap the list. My updates are in bold and have red font.
Rochester, NY – I enjoyed this trip. I’ll start a series of photos from this trip in mid August.
Folly Beach, SC – On Saturday, I’ll begin a series of blog posts from our trip.
Toledo, Ohio / Louisville, Kentucky – I’ve not decided when I’ll be doing this series.
Hershey, PA – I’ve not decided when I’ll be doing this series. I have planned to do a blog post about visiting the Flight 93 Memorial on 9/11.
Pittsburgh, PA – I’m not going on this trip until Labor Day.
I have three items on my bucket list involving reading. The first two help with the third.
#1 – Cozy Mystery Bingo – I’ve read 7 books for the cozy mystery bingo. Here is a link to my picnic bingo book list on Goodreads.
#2 – I’m also reading through the cozies. I have different themes that I need to find books that fit that theme. Then I read the book and put it on my list.
- – One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.) –
- – One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- – One from craft related (any kind of hobbies – knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- – One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.) Brownies and Broomsticks
- – One from British cozy mysteries (example: Belinda Lawrence series) Pancakes and Corpses
- – One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- – One holiday based (set during any holiday – Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- – One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- – One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- – One is your choice! (freebie!)
Again this is from Goodreads.
#3 – Complete the Adult reading program at my local library. I’ve already read 6 books so far this summer. I’ve currently read or listened to 13 books this summer. Here is a link to the books I’ve read this summer.
I’m taking an online class about ADHD. Fortunately for me it’s a self paced class. – I’m still working on this class.
I also have a seminar about Growth Mindset. I’m excited about the seminar because it’s going to be the theme for next school year. – The class was this week. It was very informative. I got a lot of good ideas for next year.
After I wrote my summer bucket list, I added on four other classes. I’m taking them next week. Each one is worth 3 contact hours. One of the classes is about ADHD, two of the classes are about co-teaching, and one of the classes is about problem students.
Get it clean in preparation for next school year. – Hubby took care of this while I was in Hershey with the oldest. Actually I started cleaning it a little bit before I left, he continued the cleaning. We also cleaned out the Wee One’s room. Funny story: We couldn’t find his Boy Scout’s handbook so the room was cleaned and purged. It was finally found. The book was at the church where the Boy Scout’s meetings are held.
So far we haven’t gone on any staycations. The Wee One and I are traveling to an hour away to a science museum this week. Other than that, we don’t have any staycation plans.
I go back to work in 1.5 weeks. Next week, I’m either in class, driving the Imaginative One back and forth to the fair where he is working, getting stuff ready for my classroom, and going out to my classroom. The following week I have a dentist appointment and a chiropractor appointment. Then it’s back to work.
Have a magical day,