This is our family’s newest favorite hot chocolate. The boys drink it with marshmallows or my homemade whipped cream. The Imaginative One also loves to sprinkle cinnamon on his hot chocolate.
I’m sure you will love this hot chocolate as much as my family.
Homemade Hot Chocolate
adapted from Add a Pinch
Stars of the recipe:
- 3 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients in an air tight container.
To prepare the hot chocolate:
- Pour 1 cup of milk into a mug.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of the mix. Stir.
- Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave for 45 more seconds. Stir.
We like it with homemade whipped cream and marshmallows.
To make it for a Christmas present:
Place 10 Tbsp. of the mix and 1/2 c. mini marshmallows in a bag with directions on how to prepare the mix.