Welcome to Day 11 of 31 Days of Slow Cooking.
Today we are going to finish off the photographs from the Donut Trail. We ended up at a farm called Burwinkel Farms. The Imaginative One and I had fun walking around the farm for a little while.
These are some photographs from our drive home. Hamilton, Ohio
Rest Stop on I-75
I used my casserole crock pot for this recipe. This dish is simply delicious. We enjoyed it for one of our Sunday dinners.
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. Boneless Chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 oz. Bag of frozen mixed veggies
- ¼ c. Flour
- 2 ½ c. Chicken broth
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. Heavy whipping cream
- 1 package of Grands Biscuits (You can make your drop biscuits instead.)
- Spray the casserole crock pot with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and veggies. Sprinkle flour over the chicken and veggies. Stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Add the chicken broth and.seasonings.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Add the whipping cream. Stir.
- Top with the biscuits.
- Cook on LOW for an hour.
Since my other 31 Days – 31 Days of Disney – is getting no love, I’m going to share today’s post. It’s for Tips and Tricks for Food and Drink at WDW.
One thought on “Chicken Pot Pie (Day 11)”