The Wee One loves tacos so when I saw this recipe, I decided we needed to try this recipe. Hubby loved it which is a great thing because he typically only likes Fritos and I used tortilla chips.
It’s called lawnmower tacos because it basically looks like a lawnmower ran over the meal. It might not look pretty but it tastes delicious.
adapted from Life as Mom
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 Tbsp.Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1.5 c. beef or chicken broth
- 1 to 2 c. crushed tortilla chips
- 2 c. cheddar cheese
- taco toppings: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, avocado, salsa, etc. . .
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the browned ground beef. Stir until combined.
- Sprinkle flour over the ground beef. Stir until combined.
- Add the beef or chicken broth. Turn heat to high. Allow to boil.
- Turn heat down to medium. Simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Grease a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Layer in this order: (I did 3 layers.)
- Crushed Tortilla chips
- Ground beef mixture
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Enjoy with your favorite taco toppings.