The other day I went an event. They served frozen lasagna. It made me crave homemade lasagna so I decided make some. I asked Hubby to get me the ingredients for my lasagna. Rather then using store bought sauce, I decided to use my spaghetti sauce recipe. I adapted the recipe for the pressure cooker.
The kitchen smelled amazing as it cooked! This is an easy recipe to put together. If you don’t want to use the pressure cooker, click on the link to the original recipe.
I use an Electric Pressure Cooker.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 (28 oz.) or 2 (14.5 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. beef granules
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. white sugar or shredded carrots (reduces acidity and adds sweetness to the sauce)
- Combine all the ingredients in the pressure cooker.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Set the setting to pressure cook and the time to 10 minutes.
- After the sauce is done cooking, allow the pressure cooker to release the steam naturally for 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid to the pressure cooker.
- Enjoy over your favorite pasta!