This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies. Today I looked at the Southern Plate’s blog and found a recipe for them. I decided I needed to try out the recipe. Oh, my goodness, they were delicious. I put them in the freezer, so I don’t eat the entire batch. They were that good!!!! 🙂
- 1 c. softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. finely chopped, ground-up pecans
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter, sugar, and salt until fluffy.
- Add flour and vanilla, and mix well, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add nuts and mix until well incorporated.
- Shape into one-inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for twenty minutes, but don’t let them brown.
- Cool cookies. When cooled, roll in powdered sugar.
4 thoughts on “Pecan Nougat Cookies (Shortbread Snowballs)”