I had some leftover candy canes and Chex cereal left over from making Chex Mix so when I found this recipe I knew I needed to make it. It may be difficult finding peppermint baking chips. Look for them anyway because this recipe is delicious.
I decided to post it so I can put it on my Christmas baking and making page for next year.
Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow
Stars of the recipe:
- 5 c. Chex cereal (rice or corn)
- 10 oz. Andes peppermint baking chips (red bag) or any other peppermint chips
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Place peppermint baking chips in a microwaveable bowl. Melt at 50% power in 30 second interval periods, stirring each time, until the chips are melted.
- While the peppermint chips are in the microwave, place the Chex cereal in a big bowl. Pour the melted peppermint chips over the cereal.
- Stir until the cereal is coated with the melted peppermint chips.
- Put the powdered sugar and crushed candy canes in a gallon sized bag. Add the cereal to the bag.
- Shake until all of the cereal is coated with powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.