This really isn’t a recipe. Instead it’s a method. I take chicken pieces – legs, breasts, thighs, or wings – and place them in the crockpot. Then I take a bottle of bbq sauce and pour it over the chicken. Then I cook the chicken all day on low (6 to 8 hours). The chicken falls off the bone and is delicious.
You can be fancy and put up onion in the crockpot with the chicken. To be even fancier, you could cook up the onion first and then put it in the oven.
Told you this really wasn’t a recipe but more of a method.
For those who need a recipe:
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 to 2 pounds of chicken – legs, thighs, breasts, wings
- Bbq sauce – Your favorite
- onions, chopped – Optional
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add onions if desired.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.