-2/3 semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (dairy free for Paleo brownies)
-5 Tbsp. coconut oil
-2/3 c. coconut sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-2/3 blanched almond flour
-2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder1
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/4 tsp. salt/
-Mix ins: 2/3 c. chocolate chips or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with non stick spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and coconut oil over LOW heat until it’s smooth and glossy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar and eggs. (I used my Kitchen Aid) Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. (Almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together the sugar-egg mixture and the melted chocolate until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Mix.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. until mixed.
- Fold in the mix-ins.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (Mine took almost 30 minutes.) Make sure the center is cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.